The health and well-being of our clients, associates, and communities is our top priority. Furthermore, Capital First Trust Company, Inc. ("Capital First") is committed to promoting a safe and healthy environment for its employees.
Capital First has been closely monitoring developments regarding the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We understand the concern and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus and are committed to being responsive to the needs of our clients and associates as the situation evolves.
Some of the actions we have taken to date:
- The Management team has been preparing staff to continue essential client services and operations in the event health officials recommend we close our offices.
- We are proactively providing our employees with information and best practices to prevent the spread of any illness.
- We are limiting non-essential business travel.
- We have met with our building managers at our offices to coordinate the implementation of enhanced cleaning of common areas.
- The Management team is meeting daily to evaluate the recommendations of health officials and make decisions as the situation evolves.
To reduce the risk to our communities and our employees we have established limited office hours beginning Tuesday, March 17 through Friday, May 29th. Capital First's current office hours during this period are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm central standard time Monday through Friday. Our trust officers are prepared to communicate by email or phone in the event health officials recommend we close the office. We encourage you to use Capital First's online access portal to review your account information. If you do not currently have online access, please contact your trust officer.
You can use the portal on our website to request a trust distribution https://www.capitalfirsttrust.com/distribution-request.
We also understand that there may be instances where clients find themselves facing financial difficulties. Please contact your trust officer to discuss and find a solution for you.
Capital First is regularly monitoring developments regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. We will update this page with relevant and timely information as the situation evolves.
The IRS has extended the deadline for filing and federal tax payments for individuals and trusts to July 15th. For more information visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus.
Clients should consult with their local tax advisor for their state’s filing deadlines.
Beware of Scams
Look out for suspicious emails and text messages that may impersonate a company, charity or government agency. The intent is to convince you to share personal information. Capital First will never reach out to you, via phone or email, and ask for confidential information such as your social security number or account information.
For additional information about COVID-19 visit the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov.